Are you an expecting parent eagerly anticipating the arrival of your little one? Are you looking for an exciting way to reveal the gender of your baby to your family and friends? Look no further, as we have compiled a list of the top 10 gender reveal ideas for new parents!
Firstly, let's explain what a gender reveal is. A gender reveal event is a celebration where expectant parents reveal the sex of their baby to their loved ones. This can be done in a variety of creative ways, and can range from small, intimate gatherings to large, extravagant parties.
I never found out the sex of Archer, but looking back, this would have been so exciting and a special moment to share with loved ones. Let's dive into the top 10 gender reveal ideas for new parents:
- A Gender Reveal LightsÔ Party - If you're lucky enough to live on the Sunshine Coast or close by, you MUST experience Australia's first Gender Reveal LightsÔ. Hello Baby 3D® are experts in early gender reveal and with a spacious room, you can invite friends and family to be part of the experience but also view your tiny creation in 3D! How cool is that!
- Balloon Pop: I've seen this done a few times and it's super fun! It's also a simple, less mess kind of reveal. Have a balloon filled with either pink or blue confetti, and pop it to reveal the gender. This can be done individually or as a couple.
- Cake Reveal: Order a cake with a gender-neutral exterior, and have the inside coloured pink or blue. Cut into the cake to reveal the gender! This would probably be my first option as I love cake! You could also use cupcakes and have everyone take a bite at the same time.
- Gender Reveal Piñata: Fill a piñata with either pink or blue confetti, and have everyone take turns hitting it until it reveals the gender. You could even fill it with pink or blue lollies so guests can have a sweet treat.
- Cake Pops: If you have friends and family out of town, this is a great way for loved ones to get in on the action. Organise cake pops with the centre being pink or blue, have them delivered to your guests and then schedule a FaceTime or Zoom catch up so you can all bite into the cake pop together to reveal the gender.
- Smoke Bomb: Set off a smoke bomb in either pink or blue to reveal the gender. This is best done outdoors and is a less mess kind of reveal.
- Confetti Cannon: Have a confetti cannon filled with either pink or blue confetti, and set it off to reveal the gender.
- Gender Reveal Box: Fill a box with either pink or blue balloons, and open it up to reveal the gender.
- Baby Photo Booth: Set up a photo booth with props in either pink or blue for your guests to take photos with. This can also be a great way to capture memories of your gender reveal event.
- Paint War: Fancy something a little more suited to the men? What about a paint war? Yes, you'll need to be outdoors for this one and it's worth letting guests know they may leave the party covered in paint, but it's also a fun way to create some great memories. Pick up some squirt bottles and watered down washable paint. Have guests pick their 'team' and commence the war. After everyone has finished squirting each other, take a picture and do the reveal. You might then also need cocktail, or a mocktail for you mumma.
There you have it, the top 10 gender reveal ideas for new parents! And if you're looking for the perfect gift to give to the new parents-to-be but want to play it safe with something gender neutral, be sure to check our store for cute and essential items for mum and bub.